We're sorry to hear that you may have purchased from a scam website.
Unfortunately, there are online scams that may use the Vans name and a similar-looking website as a means of obtaining your personal and/or banking details. It's highly likely that you will never receive any product from this website. We recommend the following steps.
- Reach out to your bank immediately to discuss how you can lodge a 'chargeback' and reclaim any funds that you've spent.
- If you would like to report a scam website, please visit: www.scamwatch.gov.au.
Tips on detecting a scam website:
- Pay attention to the address bar. Check that the URL starts with https (not http) and look for the padlock icon in the address bar to ensure there's a secure connection.
- Assess the price of the item. Does the price or offer seem too good to be true?
- Watch for poor grammar and spelling. Legitimate companies put effort into presenting a professional website.
- Do they accept secure payment methods such as PayPal or Afterpay? Fraudulent websites will primarily aim to collect your credit card details.
- Look for reliable contact information. Are there several ways of contacting the company, including via phone, live chat and email?
If you have any queries about a communication you have received, please get in touch with our Vans Experts below.